Friday, March 14, 2008

Paul Young - author of The Shack

Recently, several of us have written blogs sharing our thoughts about the book, The Shack.

Joel started us off with a blog that went off in a direction that was different than where he wanted to go but he's got some thoughts about the book which I think are interesting and informative.

Kent Burgess, a brother in the Lord who has been a great source of encouragement to me, has also posted a blog about The Shack. The link to this blog post is not the same as the link Joel gave in one of his posts so, if you read that one, this one might have some different thoughts.

About the same time that I was in Simpsonville meeting with Wayne Jacobsen and some other folks, Kent was hosting Paul Young in his home. I think you'll enjoy the post Kent wrote about his visit with Paul.

Also, I wrote a post sharing my thoughts about The Shack. Since I wasn't as positively affected by the book as others have been, my impressions may seem somewhat negative. My negative thoughts do not, however, indicate negative feelings about the author. Although I've never met him, my feelings about him are very positive. He is someone that I would love to meet. The following is a link to an article on CBN's website sharing some of Paul's story. I'm sure you'll enjoy reading his story.

No comments: