Friday, April 11, 2008

The God of creation

It's spring and the days are starting to get warmer. The cold is gone. (Yes, Joel, all of that 40-60 degree cold Carolina weather is finally gone.) The days are sunny and bright although we're getting a little rain and thunder this afternoon. I'm enjoying the rain because it's necessary to water the flowers and trees which are now in full bloom.

Charlie and I love to feed and watch the backyard birds so this is a special time of the year as all of nature seems to come to life. One thing I love about this time of year is hearing the birds singing as they praise God, their creator, in birdlike fashion. I love waking up in the morning to their songs.

Father is a God of variety and I find the beauty of his creation breathtaking. I think the following video will stir up praise as we enjoy the beauty and wonder of his creation.

O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! Psalm 8:1

4 comments:

Joel Brueseke said...

Aida... Great song! Very powerful. I've not only always loved the song, but I love the version you've shared here, with Crystal Lewis.

My wife is quite the Crystal Lewis fan, and I love a lot of her music too.

By the way... we had more snow and ice here in Iowa today! Temps have barely made it to 35º and the bad weather was a cause of some major traffic accidents in the Des Moines area this morning. I thought "old man" winter was supposed to have been crucified and gone by now! I guess 'mother nature' is still clinging to the flesh... LOL.

Aida said...

This is a wonderful song which I think beautifully describes the greatness of God. I still enjoy a lot of the traditional songs and this is one of my favorites. At night, when I look at the beauty of the skies, this song just wells up in me. It thrills me to know that the God who created this universe is our Father. That's mind boggling!

When I was looking for a video, I looked to see what Sandi Patty had but hers was a bit to sombre for me. When I saw it, I knew the Cristal Lewis version was the right one. It's very powerful, just as you said, and I love seeing the variety of Father's creation.

When I posted the link to your winter blog, I just knew for sure you were having some gorgeous spring weather in Iowa like we are here in S. C. I guess I've been down here so long that I've forgotten that other states have a totally different weather pattern.

I know you drive for a living so be careful when you're out on those snow and ice covered roads. Maybe spring will arrive in Iowa soon too.

Aida

Joel Brueseke said...

I woke up this morning and it was 28º - but no signs of snow. Whew... ;)

This weather is not "normal" here in Iowa in April, but yet it is more common than elsewhere in the country. It's supposed to be in the 40's today, 50's tomorrow and 60's the rest of the week. Spring may finally be here, but I'm not holding my breath... :)

Aida said...

Your abnormal Iowa weather reminds me of the late snow we used to get in N. J. Sometimes, if Easter was early, we'd have cold and the possibility of snow. I definitely don't miss all of that crazy weather.

I'm glad you've had a break from the snow. Hopefully, spring weather is right around the corner for you too.

Anyway, drive carefully. Looks like you're getting a lot of use out of your Spirit snowblower.

Aida