Friday, April 11, 2008

Learning to be real



This one really hit home with me. As a people pleaser who was involved with the word of faith movement, I've learned really well how to hide my true feelings. Although I'm a pretty upbeat person who naturally smiles a lot, I can still put on the mask at times. Steve uses the word hypocrisy to describe this tendency. That's a strong word but it really does describe my attempts to cover up what I really feel.

As I'm growing in grace, I'm learning that it's okay to be me and to be honest about what I'm feeling. I don't express my feelings to manipulate others to do what I want but it's important that relationships be built on honesty. I've got a long way to go in learning how to open up but, when I look back, I see that Father has brought me along way.

No comments: