Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spirit - Born Free

These are scenes from the movie "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron." Spirit is born in the wild but is captured by cruel cavalry men who keep him bound. He escapes with a Lakota Indian who has also been kept in captivity and together they begin their journey back to freedom. The Lakota takes him to his home but Spirit never stops trying to get back to his home in the wild.

Just as this stallion's name was Spirit, our spirit is also calling us back to the wild. The Lakota's journey home also reminds me of Joel's blog post King of the Wild Frontier. I believe the music Born Free by Matt Munro beautifully describes our journey back to the wild.

4 comments:

Joel Brueseke said...

I've watched this movie a couple of times with the kids and I've thought the same thoughts while watching it! The poor wild horse is kept penned up and the people attempt to tame him and train him to do things that are unnatural for him.

Great video!

Aida said...

I saw this video with the grandkids and had to watch it in several parts but loved it. I've got spring break next week so I think I'll try to watch it again.

I love the scene in the video when Spirit jumps over the canyon and the Lakota throws his arms out and his head back. What a beautiful picture of freedom!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video.

Aida

Bino Manjasseril said...

Great video! I need to get a copy of the movie.

Aida said...

Bino, I think you'll really like it. It's a beautiful story!