Friday, May 30, 2008

Darin Hufford on The God Journey

Wayne Jacobsen just posted the latest God Journey podcast, Can We Make God Too Nice? This is an interview with Darin Hufford that was taped a couple of weeks ago. Here's Wayne's description of the podcast.

Darin Hufford, the author of The God's Honest Truth, joins Wayne and Brad in a discussion about the character of God and whether or not we can ever comprehend just how good he is. In his book, Darin takes the statement "God is love" and holds it against God's description of love in 1 Corinthians 13. In doing so, it becomes painfully clear that the God religion teaches us about is exactly the opposite of the God Paul wanted us to know. You'll enjoy Darin's heart and humor. You can find out more about Darin and his book at the Free Believers Network website.

To listen to the podcast, go to this link. I think you'll enjoy hearing the truth about this God who loves us more than we'll ever know.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I just listened to this podcast. Everytime I hear Darin, and I've only heard him 3x's, it's life changing. I feel like the curtain is pulled back and I can see who God is more clearly. I have a new sense of excitement about Him (Father), wanting to draw close to Him, know Him, be with Him...so cool!

Aida said...

That's my reaction to listening to Darin too. He's got a wonderful heart of love that comes out in everything he says.

I'm so glad you're seeing Father more clearly. When the curtain of lies is removed, we can see him as he really is . . . a Father who loves us more than we'll ever know.

How did you find out about Darin?

Aida

Karen said...

Hi Aida...that's a good question. It was about 3 wks ago. I'm an avid blog reader, mostly following the trail of of universalisim (for lack of a better word). There was a link on a blog to his blog on being human....something I've had a big struggle with. I made a beeline to give a look-see and I was hooked. FBN is a perfect fit for me. Initially I was disappointed that they weren't all about all being redeemed but Darin doesn't slam the door shut on the subject. Besides that, I totally understand his position and I'm comfortable with it, just not in full agreement and that's just fine with me. Did I mention that I love the colors you chose for your site:)...K

Aida said...

The first time I heard Darin say that we need to give ourselves permission to be human, I knew I had heard a liberating truth. I can do the dumbest things at times and would wonder, "Where are my brains?" Now, I just accept that I don't have it altogther and it's okay for me to be honest about it because it doesn't change Father's love for me.

I love the FBN site. I never thought I'd be as involved as I am but, as you said, it's a perfect fit.

Someone commented on the forum that she doesn't agree with everything that Darin says but that there's a heart connection that is stronger than total agreement. I find that to be true. I don't agree with everything that Darin says but I feel very connected to him.

Also, I love the fact that he doesn't try to convince everyone to believe as he does. He desires to see people set free to hear from God for themselves. He's not interested in gathering a bunch of groupies around him.

Thanks. Blogger has a bunch of nice templates and it was hard to choose but I really like this one too.

Aida