Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spiritual Abuse

Spiritual abuse is an experience which has brought hurt to many believers. Since I've been a victim of spiritual abuse, I can speak from personal experience about how devastating this experience is as well as how difficult the healing process is. Unfortunately, there are many who are still wounded and struggling years after their experience.

This is a topic that needs to be discussed openly and boldly. For those who would be interested in a more in depth discussion of the topic, check out A Voice in the Desert. I haven't read this blog but it looks like it might be helpful for those needing to connect with someone who shares deeply from her own personal experience.

For those who have been victimized by this cruel experience, I want to encourage you that there is healing. You don't have to continue to live with shame and guilt. Father loves you and has never been disappointed in you. He's always loved you and He wants you to know that it wasn't your fault. You were a victim but now it's time to get beyond that victim mentality and begin to see yourself as a son or daughter of a God who loves you more than you'll ever know so rise up and begin your journey to wholeness today. Healing is possible. I can attest to that fact from personal experience.

4 comments:

Katherine Gunn said...

Aida~
Thank you.

Aida said...

Katherine, you're very welcome.

Nicole said...

Aida!

Thanks for posting those links! I took a look but didn't have a lot of time to elaborate on reading!

What exactly are the symptoms of spiritual abuse??? I am not sure if I actually have experienced anything as extreme as what is written here, but I am interested in learning more!

Love You and thanks for posting this, I think it is really important to discuss!

In Freedom, Nicole!

Aida said...

Nicki, I'm sure you haven't experienced spiritual abuse of this nature. The hurt is so devastating that there would be no doubt in your mind if you had.

When I posted my blog, I didn't realize how important it is to bring out this out into the open. It would take too long to post the symptoms as a comment so I'm going to post another blog listing them. Hopefully, it'll be complete either today or tomorrow.

I'm glad you're interested. There are many people who have been wounded by spiritual abuse and the more information the church has, the better able we'll be to walk with them to wholeness.

Love you,
Aida