Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can you help?

I know some of you are either reading or have read Jim Robbin's book "Recover Your Good Heart." Also, I know some of us have ordered a copy and hopefully will be reading it soon. I've received an email from Jim asking a favor of those who have read his book, enjoyed it and think it would be beneficial for others to read. I'd like to pass his request on to you.

He needs help from people who would be willing to write a short blurb/book review and post it on his bookstore page. (There's a place where folks can write "Reviews" towards the bottom of the page.) This way, he can copy the text and paste it into his promotional materials. If you have your own website or blog, you can include that link at the bottom of your review. He will also include your name and link at the end of any reviews he uses.

I know Jim will greatly appreciate any help you can give him. Anyone who plans to read his book in the future might want to keep this information for future reference in case you later decide to write a review.

Hey, Tracy! This is right up your alley. I know you've ordered his book and I love reading your book reviews.

BTW, Jim has posted a really neat book mini-video on his blog which I think you would enjoy. I've posted the link on my sidebar.

Also, if any of you have read Darin Hufford's book "The God's Honest Truth" and enjoyed it, I know Darin would appreciate it if you wrote a review and posted it on Amazon. com. I've been wanting to do one for a while but haven't had a chance so I think I'm going to try to post one soon. To post a review, follow this link.

4 comments:

Tracy Simmons said...

Aida, I was just emailing Jim yesterday about his book. It just got shipped to me, so I'm excited to read it and will certainly review it if it resonates with me.

Aida said...

Great! I know he appreciates that. My copy was shipped the day before so it looks like we'll be reading it about the same time. I'm looking forward to reading it too and reading any thoughts that you share. You always do such a good job on your book reviews.

Hubby and I went to Barnes & Nobles yesterday. (A big mistake for a book lover.) I know Jim was greatly influenced by John Eldredge's teachings. Anyway, I must have had that on my mind because I bought a John Eldredge book entitled "Epic: The Story God is Telling and the Role That is Yours to Play."

It's a tiny book but it looked really interesting so I bought it. So, it looks like I'll have a lot of good stuff to read. Yippee!!

AmyC. said...

Aida,
Hello! Glad you mentioned Jim's book in a blog and encouraged others to give him reviews!

I also sent Jim a personal email and even received an email back from him! So it's good there.

Tracy, I think you'll really love the book. Let me know, if you will!
I'd love that.

~Amy :)
www.myspace.com/amyinsurprise

Aida said...

Amy, Jim wanted to post what you had shared before and I wasn't sure how to best contact you so I'm glad you contacted him.

I hope I get the book soon. I can't wait to read it. When I do, I'm sure I'll post some additional comments.