Thursday, July 17, 2008

Christian The Lion - in the wild

For you animal lovers, this video is a bit of a tear jerker that you will love. It was posted in a forum discussion about what it means to live in the wild and then a friend, an animal lover, sent it to me.

When we think of "wild", we often think of savage or vicious, out of control. A much better definition is occurring, growing or living in a natural state. It's being who or what we were created to be. For a Free Believer, it also means being free to love without any limitations.

As Free Believers, we've made the decision to follow Jesus out into the wild. Instead of following a bunch of man made rules, we've decided to be led by the Spirit. Others may not understand but once we've tasted that freedom, it's imperative that we not allow ourselves to be caged again.

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." - John 3:8


Christian The Lion

10 comments:

Tracy Simmons said...

Aida, oh man, this so made me cry! Then I watched it again and cried all over again. I'm a huge animal lover, but I think this would touch almost anyone. :)

Thanks, made my day!

Tracy

Aida said...

Don't feel bad, Tracy. When it was posted on the forum, I told the person who posted it, "You made me cry." Even so, I've watched it several times and I've boo hoo'd each time.

Joel B. said...

Ok so I got a good cry today out of your cat video and a good laugh out of Matthew's cat video. :)

Aida said...

Okay, Joel, sounds like you covered all bases today in your reaction to cats. I'll have to wander over to see what Matthew's got posted. I've seen some of his other postings so I better be ready for anything. LOL

Matthew Daelon said...

This is really cool. Definitely better than my cat. Maybe I can ask God to supersize peaches one day? lol

Aida said...

Peaches is cute but Christian definitely has a certain charm about him. LOL

AmyC. said...

This is beautiful! I must say...I do look forward to after the 2nd coming when Christ comes...when all things will be renewed, including our natural loving relationship with ALL creatures. When I watched this, I scooped up my puppy and gave him a big ol' squeeze and kiss. Pets are such blessings.

Aida, I gratefully found this Blog (from our recent meeting on God Journey site and Free Believers). You have done a truly outstanding job here...great posts, thoughts and resources. I'm looking forward to reading more!

~Amy :)
www.myspace.com/amyinsurprise

Aida said...

Isn't this an awesome video? I agree. That will be a wonderful that day! I'd like to hug a lion too although I've got a cat that thinks she's a lioness.

I'm so glad you stopped by, Amy. I look for to getting know you better.

Free Spirit said...

Awesome!! I love it!

Aida said...

Thanks, Free Spirit.