Saturday, July 5, 2008

Loving animals

Amy has recently posted an inspiring blog about her dog Bear who suddenly died. Amy, as always, shares her heart in a beautiful way. I know she wouldn't mind me revealing that she is the friend I spoke about in one of my previous blogs who described the reaction of people in her home group as "they looked at her as if she had lobsters crawling out of her ears."

If you haven't has a chance to check out her blog, I recommend going there and seeing what she has to say. I know you'll be encouraged.

Also, I have a link on my sidebar to The Animal Rescue Site. This is a website devoted to informing the public about the needs of abandoned and neglected animals. I firmly believe that Father has made us stewards of the earth which means caring for the animals with which we share this world. Unfortunately, sin has so marred us that we've often neglected our responsibility to his creation and, at times, we've even abused it. As a result, animals have suffered needlessly.

The Animal Rescue Site is an organization that is committed to caring for the needs of these neglected and abused animals. If you're interested, check it out. Also, take a few minutes each day to click on the purple box. If you do, the clicks will be counted and sponsors have agreed to provide funding in exchange for advertising space based on the number tallied. I believe this is a small way that we can give back to our environment as well as steward the earth that Father has given into our hands.

2 comments:

Tracy Simmons said...

Aida, I so agree with you about we being stewards of the earth, and part of that includes animals. One day I'm going to blog about my two rescue dogs and all they've taught me!

Aida said...

Awesome, Tracy. I'm looking forward to hear your/their story. My cat used to belong to the neighbors who kept her outside and didn't give her the attention she needed so when they were on vacation, she moved over to my house. When they returned , we told them she was staying in our yard and they said we could keep her.

I hope to post a picture of her in the near future. She's a beauty.