Saturday, November 29, 2008

Desire and calling

Jim Robbins has posted a great blog explaining the connection between our desires and our callings. He has some great insight regarding our heart and I think you would all enjoy what he has to share.

Religion has covinced us to despise our heart and its desires. However, as we learn to re-connect with our heart, we'll find desires surfacing that we've pushed down. As Jim explains, these desires are the key to discovering our calling. I think this is a very important topic that we all need to be aware of if we're to grow and be established in the life that we've been given as children of God.

To read Jim's blog, follow this link. For additional thoughts, you might also want to read my blog Recovering passion.

4 comments:

Chad Estes said...

I just ordered Jim's book, Aida. I'm looking forward to reading it. A bit scared too.

-Chad

Aida said...

Why scared, Chad? I think you'll like it.

Bino M. said...

Aida,
I am still thinking about all these - the good heart, the thing that we have the mind of Christ etc. The mystic side of all these seems little blurry to me... I mean, I still don't know what it all means in reality (practical life here on earth).
It's very thought provoking though...

Love to you,
Bino.

Aida said...

Bino, I understand where you're coming from. I'm not sure I've wrapped my mind around the whole thing yet either. I really think it's just a process that we grow into like everything else.

Love you too.