Friday, November 21, 2008

Recover Your Good Heart - update

Jim Robbins’ excellent book, “Recover Your Good Heart” is now available from Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.com. Jim has also recently published a study guide which can be used for individual or group study.

For those interested in a group study, Joel is organizing an online book study of Recover Your Good Heart. For more information, contact Joel at Grace Roots.

Also, Jim has recently started a forum for people who want to “talk about the heart and the deeper life in the Kingdom.” This would be a great way to connect with other believers who are coming to understand the truth about our good hearts.

Because of all of the wrong teaching regarding our heart, believers have come to believe that our hearts can’t be trusted. The truth, however, is that we’ve been given a new heart that contains the life of God and, as a result, our hearts are now good. Jim does a wonderful job of explaining this truth in a way that is simple to understand.

As you can see, if anyone is interested in learning more about our good hearts, there are many great opportunities. If you’re interested, check them out. I’m sure you’ll be glad that you did.

10 comments:

Joel B. said...

I'm now thinking this will start after New Year's. I had hoped to start it sooner, but things just kept popping up, and now I know that things get even busier for people from now till January. I'm looking forward to studying the book and study guide with whoever is able.

Aida said...

I'm glad you're doing this. I think this is something that people need to study and understand. Hopefully, those who can will take advantage of this opportunity.

Chad Estes said...

Thank you for the book suggestion, Aida. I have ordered it now.

Chad

Aida said...

Glad to hear that, Chad. I believe Jim does a great job describing our new heart and I believe his book would be an encouragement to you.

ViolableWings said...

This is great, thanks for posting this Aida. I'm not sure when my classes are going to start in February, or if they are going to start for that matter, but I am very interested in doing this. I hope you will have the time for it as well Aida, I would love the opportunity to study this along side of you. I know there is much I can learn.
Ron

Aida said...

Ron, forgive me for taking so long to get back to you on this but in addition to dealing with Thanksgiving, I've apparently caught Joel's virus so I've been moving in slow motion. Anyway, I'm feeling better now so I hope to catch up.

Well, I'm rooting for you. I think you'd do great in that field since you've got a great heart of compassion. I hope everything works out. Keep me posted.

Hopefully, Joel will give a little warning so books can be ordered before starting. I'll see how it goes when he makes a formal announcement and then I'll know for sure.

I would enjoy learning with you too.

Aida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel B. said...

Update --- The study will tentatively begin on Sunday, January 11th. Checkout my post for more details.

Joel B. said...

Also, Jim posted a Christmas special, in which he is giving away free study guides to those who purchase his book. Good through December 12.

Aida said...

Thanks for the info, Joel. I'll try to check in at least some. My sister is interested in doing it too if she can. I'll get the info to her so she can contact you. Her name is Carmen but I'm not sure what she uses on Yahoo Messenger.