Saturday, March 21, 2009

Windblown Media

I’m sure all of my readers know the amazing story behind the book “The Shack.” Written by a then unknown author named William Paul Young, the book achieved almost overnight success due to the efforts of Paul and his friends Wayne Jacobsen and Brad Cummings. Unable to find an established publishing company that was willing to take a chance, they formed their own company and published the book. It became a runaway bestseller and Windblown Media is now a respected member of the publishing community.

Wayne recently announced on his blog the titles of their next projects. “I’m just finishing editing work on two other titles that Windblown Media will release this fall. One is a novel called “Bo’s Cafe” by the men who wrote Truefaced, and it is as amazing a story about a man confronting grace as I’ve ever read. His marriage is in trouble and his attempts to fix it is only driving his wife further away. Will he learn to embrace the only thing that will save his marriage and himself—God’s extravagant grace? We’re also doing “The Misunderstood God: The Lies Religion Tells About God”. It is a remake of Darin Hufford’s book, “The God’s Honest Truth.” Those will be out this fall and I can’t wait for some of you to read them,” he wrote.

If you’ve read my blog for any amount of time, you know that I consider Darin a very dear friend whose teaching has revolutionized my life as a believer. I found his book, “The God’s Honest Truth” almost two years ago and my life hasn’t been the same since. His message and his style of presentation has connected with me like no one else ever has.

I’m excited about this new project and I’m looking forward to the release of Darin's new book. I believe it has the potential to reach thousands and to give new hope to those who have been beaten down by religion .

11 comments:

Sue said...

Hello dear Aida :)

I think you were the one who suggested TGHT on Lifestream if I'm not mistaken? I've already read it twice and loved it.

I also love listening to Darin on the Free Believers podcast. He's a right cheeky one, that boy. It's a real breath of fresh air to hear REAL people being real and not all tied up in feeling like they can't be that way or people will howl them down. May we all be like that :)

Aida said...

Hi Sue!!! It's great to hear from you!!!

I talk about Darin's book wherever I go and I remember talking about it on Lifestream. I also remember that you and I had a conversation about it too.

I love your description of Darin. "A cheeky one" Is a great way to describe him.

I just gave a copy of TGHT to a friend and I told her that his stories are stories we can all relate to. As you said, he's a REAL person who doesn't pretend to be someone he's not. Maybe I can get there some day too.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope all is well on your side of the world.

lionwoman said...

I am excited to hear about all of these books. I haven't read the first two but of course I've read TGHT. I am glad to hear it is being re-published, hopefully it will reach a lot more people. It's great to know there are so many people in the Church being called into the wild. Thanks for the info! :-D

Aida said...

Amy, I believe there are more people living free from religious obligation than we know about. It seems at times like there's not a lot of us. However, I believe as more books of this nature are published, we'll see more and more people joining us out here in the wild.

Bino M. said...

Aida,

I too have enjoyed Darrin's "God's honest Truth". But I think the title
“The Misunderstood God: The Lies Religion Tells About God” is more captivating...

Generally, people don't really want to know the 'honest truth' but they are intrigued to know the "lies", so in that sense I liked the new title.

I hope this project succeed in a great way!

Aida said...

TGHT is a great book but from what Darin says, the new one is even better.

To be quite honest, when he told me that the book was going to be titled "The Misunderstood God," I really didn't like it but when I read the full title on Wayne's website, I liked it. I agree with you. I believe it's a captivating title that will attract attention.

zinger said...

Hey Aida,

It's exciting that Wayne and Darin have connected. It will be interesting to see what Father brings with that. Thanks again for the heads up on the FBN, I think you gave it a plug on a dialogue on the Family Room Media Forum a while back. Love what I see here too, maybe I'll have to stop lurking and come out of the closet and intro myself on the FBN.

Cheers Jon

Aida said...

Hi Jon,

I did give the FBN a plug on Family Room Media as well as on every other site I'm on. FBN, in my opinion, is a great site and is my favorite. I'm always encouraged when I go there.

I hope you will join us on the FBN. We'd all love to get to know you and hear what Father has been teaching you.

Thanks for stopping by. It's always great to hear from you.

Why? said...

Hey all, This is a link that has a tid-bit of info from the book (TrueFaced)... It is enough to wet your whistle... and entice you to want more...
It is good stuff...

http://www.renewalmedia.com/truefaced/

Kim in Sunny Sacramento

Aida said...

Kim, thanks for the info. I've already downloaded it and can't wait to listen.

I've never read the book "Truefaced" but it sounds like I need to put on the list.

Aida said...

Kim, this is a great audio file. I'm going to post a link for it on my sidebar.