Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pictures from Huntsville, Alabama

As I stated in my previous post, my trip to Huntsville was absolutely wonderful! It was a great time to connect with friends that I've only known online and to make some new friends. Here are a few of the pictures we took while in Alabama.

From left to right here are Debbie, Carla, me and Eric. Debbie is the friend I rode to Alabama with. Carla and Eric were the ones who invited Darin to speak and they were also our hosts while we were there.


Amy, Eric and their children travelled from Texas to see me and Darin. Here they are with Darin and his oldest daughter, Landin. I've known Amy online for over three years but this was the first time we'd met. It was great to finally get to spend some face to face time with her and to get to know her family.


This is a special picture of me and Amy.


Here is Darin and Landin with our hosts, Carla and Eric.


This is me with my new friend, Carla. What an awesome woman she is! It was instant connection for the two of us and I'm hoping to have another opportunity to visit with her and to continue what was begun last week.


I love this picture! This is me with Darin and Landin.


This is one of my favorite pictures. We've all been friends for a long time and it was great to finally be together.

It was a wonderful weekend! I still think about it often and enjoy looking at the pictures over and over again. I'm thankful for the time I spent with each of these special friends and I hope it won't be long before I see them all again. I miss them very much.

7 comments:

Kent said...

glad you got to meet up with them all Aida.

Aida said...

Thanks, Kent. It was wonderful!

lionwoman said...

Oh, everyone looks so cuuuuute!!! :-D I'm just oohing and aahing ;-D

Aida said...

These are great pictures! I'm glad you and Carla took a bunch of them. I miss everyone so much but hopefully it won't be long before I get to see you, Darin, Carla and Eric again.

Thanks for loving me. You're a wonderful friend.

Pumpuli said...

The pics are really nice! Everyone is looking so happy and pretty! Aida, I think I know you a lot better having seen these! I'm so happy for your get-together. Ours is on its way, too, just wait and see ;)

Mishi said...

Loved seeing the pictures. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time and were able to meet with so many wonderful brothers and sisters.

You all look so happy. :)

Aida said...

I think seeing pictures really does help us connect on a deeper level so I got these up as soon as I could. I probably should post them all on Facebook but I haven’t figured out how to set up an album there yet. I’ll try to do that sometime this week.

We really were all very happy! Being free around people who you love and who love you will keep a smile on your face.

To be honest, I never expected a whole lot out of the weekend. I really never expected to spend as much time with Darin as we did nor did I expect to make any new friends. I really just expected to hear Darin speak and to finally meet my friend, Amy. The weekend was a total surprise for me. Also, everything is different after the weekend. Things that I’ve heard Darin say any number of times are now starting to make sense.

Kirsti, I know your time is soon too. I look forward to reading how your get together impacts your life. Please keep us updated.